A series of cultural heritage protection handbooks was produced within the UNESCO’s Movable Heritage Outreach Programme.
These handbooks in an accessible, easily understood style talk about the appropriate preservation, handling, documentation and promotion of moveable cultural heritage in different museum/collection contexts.
Handbooks are available in several languages.
- Security at Museums
- Care and Handling of Manuscripts
- Documentation of Artefact Collections
- Disaster Risk Management for Museums
- Handling of Collections in Storage
- Securing Heritage of Religious Interest (translation into Latvian language of this handbook is available at: http://www.unesco.lv/files/UNESCO_sakrala_mantojuma_aizsardzibas_rokasgramata_FINAL_5911f1ad.pdf )
All handbooks in English and other languages are available at http://www.unesco.org/new/en/culture/themes/museums/movable-heritage-outreach-programme/
In certain local languages available at: http://www.unesco.org/new/en/culture/themes/museums/movable-heritage-outreach-programme/cultural-heritage-protection-handbooks-in-local-languages/#c169974